MTN Foundation is a new social responsibility initiative through which MTN Afghanistan
conducts its social/community/welfare projects in the areas of education, health, sports, humanitarian, environmental and other relevant activities that fall within MTN’s Group Corporate Social Responsibility policy.
Currently, the MTN Foundation in Afghanistan runs the MTN Mobile Clinic. These clinics drive around the country providing free treatment and medication for the poor and
less-privileged people of Afghanistan.
The initiatives below have been prioritized for implementation.
Emergency Response Services
- To support community health care centers, in remote areas where NGOs cannot go.
- To support “Gynecology” hospitals as per their need and advertise it as much as possible, in coordination with Ministry of Health, Ministry of Women Affairs, and Gynecology hospitals.
Education and Community Support programs
- Responding to some Emergency situations, like earth quakes, severe flooding, epidemic outbreaks etc.
- Scholarship for students, on excellence performance or any other merit that the MTN may prefer.
- Contribute in reconstructing schools and orphanages
- Contribute in reconstructing some broken bridges and digging water wells for people
- Providing support to Internally Displaced People (IDP) due to war or civil conflict