MTN Foundation have legal license registered in ministry of justice Islamic republic of Afghanistan.
MTN Foundation officially launched in Feb-04-2009 at Safi landmark hotel Kabul Afghanistan.
Afghan cabinet members and directors of different NGOs’ had take part in this program.
Minister of information technology appreciated this human act of MTNA.
MTN Foundation is a new social responsibility initiative through which MTN Afghanistan conducts its social/community/welfare projects in the areas of education, health, sports, humanitarian, environmental and other relevant activities that fall within MTN’s Group Corporate Social Responsibility policy.
Currently, the MTN Foundation in Afghanistan runs the MTN Mobile Clinic. These clinics drive around the country providing free treatment and medication for the poor and less-privileged people of Afghanistan.
The initiatives below have been prioritized for implementation.
· To support community health care centers, in remote areas where NGOs cannot go.
· To support “Gynecology” hospitals as per their need and advertise it as much as possible, in coordination with Ministry of Health, Ministry of Women Affairs, and Gynecology hospitals.
Emergency Response Services
· Responding to some Emergency situations, like earth quakes, severe flooding, epidemic outbreaks etc.
Education and Community Support programs
· Scholarship for students, on excellence performance or any other merit that the MTN may prefer.
· Contribute in reconstructing schools and orphanages
· Contribute in reconstructing some broken bridges and digging water wells for people
· Providing support to Internally Displaced People (IDP) due to war or civil conflict