Accountant – Accounts Payable
- Reference number: MTNA-HR-13-Apr-23Fin
- Job type: Permanent
- Organisation Name: MTN Afghanistan
- MTN Level: 2
- Posted: 02 May 2023
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
- Business degree (preferably accounting; economics or finance)
- Professional accounting qualification
- 2- 3 years work experience of which1 year in accounting role
- Responsible for providing financial and administrative support in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations
Duties & Responsibilities
- Verify payment vouchers for required authorization as per policy and procedure
- Check for duplicate through applying different control measures
- Portal approval of advance and expenses in line with company policy
- Booking invoices to accounting system in accordance to IFRS/IAS standards
- Booking of advances to accounting system
- Routine following up of advance for clearance and informing related parties by email or any other means of communication
- Reconciliation of employee/vendors accounts
- Accrual and provision in for delivered service during the course of the month on monthly closing
- Maintenance of OPEX related reports, justify the variance, find out the reason for increase/decrease
- Maintaining employee/vendor advance schedule
- Follow up of deliveries by suppliers with Warehouse
- Taking invoices and delivery verification from end-user for confirmation of technical specification of the goods and support for payment process
- Reconciliation of vendor/employee statement of accounts on monthly basis
- Adjusting variance of employee/vendor accounts
- Ensure that all upfront rejected payments are communicated to the relevant parties e. g. related department, vendor, employee and etc
- Prepare or check invoices, requisitions and other documents for processing; encode and obtain approval when necessary.
- Applying withholding tax in line with Afghanistan income tax law
- Prioritize urgent payment and must have high accuracy in preparing payment
- Collecting ACSS and TT from treasury and distributing to suppliers
- Monitors related GL account balances and related financial activity for the purpose of ensuring that allocations are accurate and complying with established financial practices
- Clearance of advances
- Maintaining important document files soft and hard
- Communicating professionally with all vendors considering image of the company and credit increase
- Ensure completion of ad-hoc tasks given through by line management
- Facilitating auditors and responding audit points
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all financial records
- Ensure that all payment requests have supporting documentation
- Maintains financial information, files and records (e.g. copies of paid invoices, checks, documentation, reimbursements, reports, vendor files, receipts, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies and regulatory guidelines
- Any other task(s) as assigned by the Supervisor
Interested Afghan Nationals can send their applications and resumes (with three valid references) by May 05, 2023.
Please mention the name of the position you are applying in your email subject line.
Applications received after the deadline and those, which do not meet the requirements mentioned above, will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview (s).
Should you not hear from us within 14 (fourteen) days from the closing date of this advertisement, you may consider your application to be unsuccessful.