Accountant – Fixed Assets
- Reference number: MTNA-HR-27-Apr-23Fin
- Job type: Permanent
- Organisation Name: MTN Afghanistan
- MTN Level: 2
- Posted: 02 May 2023
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
- Bachelor Degree in Finance or relevant discipline
- Professional accounting ( ACCA, CAT, CA, FIA) will be preferable
- 1-2 year in finance preferably in Fixed Assets
- Accounting Standards
- Telecommunications business management
- Training in FAM
- This role will be responsible of capitalization of newly deployed assets and disposal of retired, sold or damaged assets.
- Recording of depreciation
- Tracking of fixed assets movements and updating FAR
- Prepare fixed assets schedules for internal and external audits
- Prepare fixed assets schedules for calculation of capital allowances for tax computation purposes
- Monthly Capex budget utilization reports
- Reconciliation of FAR with TB
- Preparing monthly Capex utilization report
Duties & Responsibilities
- Capitalization of CWIP of assets classes under his/her responsibility
- Age analysis of CWIP balance in GL
- Timely management and financial reporting
- Ensure tagging of all BTS sites
- Review reconciliation of analysis of monthly additions to BTS with asset verification listings before capitalization
- Reconcile all actual sites with planned implementation from NWG
- Provide all information to aid in the disposals of assets as regards faults on sites
- Ensure that the register is update with disposed items
- Ensure update of all accounting adjustments are implemented in the fixed asset register
- Periodically reconcile and coordinate physical inventory of fixed assets to ensure proper location and existence of all fixed assets.
- Record disposals and movements in fixed asset register
- Receive new on air site report from NWG, check with the current FAR for the duplication purpose, give value to each site from warehouse report
- Prepare monthly Capex payment report
- Reconcile net book value and accumulated depreciation of FAR with TB
- Fixed Assets Register reconciliation with HardCat (Software)
- Burnt Sites physical verification
- Warehouse Physical Count after each quarter
- Assigning CAPEX and OPEX codes for all raised PO’s
- Ensures HardCat Reconciliation with Financial Software
- Making all types Journal entries, which relates to Fixed Assets
- Importing new assets to HardCat, FAR, and making the relavant Journal entries into the Financial System
- Review of warehouse movement for better control of assets
- Any other task(s) as assigned by the Supervisor
Interested Afghan Nationals can send their applications and resumes (with three valid references) by May 20, 2023.
Please mention the name of the position you are applying in your email subject line.
Applications received after the deadline and those, which do not meet the requirements mentioned above, will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview (s).
Should you not hear from us within 14 (fourteen) days from the closing date of this advertisement, you may consider your application to be unsuccessful.