Accountant – Treasury & Tax
- Reference number: MTNA-HR-13-Apr-23Fin2
- Job type: Permanent
- Organisation Name: MTN Afghanistan
- MTN Level: 2
- Posted: 02 May 2023
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
- Bachelor’s degree Finance, accounting, economics or related field
- Professional accounting qualification
- 2-3 years’ experience of which 1 year in accounting role
- Reconciliations – banking
- Basic Financial accounting
- Tax Law
- Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Bank reconciliations
- Financial literate
- General accounting
- General administration
- Carry out various bank reconciliations and Treasury functions to minimize the risks associated with MTNA’s Cash & Bank Resources
- Responsible for efficiently manage treasury and tax transactions, to ensure all laws, regulations and MTN Group polices are adhered to and aim to minimize the tax burden and penalty risks.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation of cash flow and bank balances on daily basis
- Bank reconciliation of accounts on daily basis
- Reconciliation of MTNA E-Wallet on weekly basis.
- Check, verify and strict control on E-cash transfers.
- Working on bank outstanding and sending to the related department for booking on daily basis.
- Keeping proper record of all payments i.e. (in process, released, on hold and newly received)
- Preparation of reconciliations report on monthly basis for Manager
- Preparation of report for internal and external Audit
- Ensure prompt and excellent execution of Domiciliation documents.
- Cash movement between account to account and preparation of the treasury related transfers
- Booking of treasury related entries between banks in GP. (A/C to A/C, conversions)
- Monthly reconciliation of GL and cheque book module of the related bank accounts
- Ensure that there is no bank outstanding at the end of the month.
- Managing/controlling and booking of bank commission.
- Providing of Swift confirmation and ACSS for the related department, transfers as a bank supporting for the customers and suppliers
- Ensure Preparation of Withholding tax by end of each month and transferring of withholding tax to MOF (Ministry of Finance) as per the given deadline
- Any other task(s) as assigned by the Manager.
Interested Afghan Nationals can send their applications and resumes (with three valid references) by May 06, 2023.
Please mention the name of the position you are applying in your email subject line.
Applications received after the deadline and those, which do not meet the requirements mentioned above, will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview (s).
Should you not hear from us within 14 (fourteen) days from the closing date of this advertisement, you may consider your application to be unsuccessful.