Data Architect Manager
- Reference number: MTNA-HR-26-Dec-22
- Job type: Permanent
- Organisation Name: MTN Afghanistan
- MTN Level: 1
- Posted: 02 May 2023
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
• Proven experience in engineering and software architecture design.
• Previous project implementation experience.
• 5 Years’ experience At least in Database Administration (Oracle, SQL Server).
• Good knowledge in Big Data Architecture.
• Good knowledge in NOSQL Databases.
• Good knowledge in Open Sources Databases (PostgreSQL, Mongo)
• Sound knowledge of various operating systems.
• Sound knowledge of Network technologies.
• Good knowledge in GSM business.
• Efficient communication skills.
• Strong organizational and leadership skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from a reputable university of Afghanistan or abroad.
• 5-7 years of relevant experience, preferably in the Telecom Industry
• Oracle Database Administration.
• Oracle SQL & PLSQL
• Linux Administration
• WebLogic Administration
• SQL Server Administration
• Oracle OBIEE Administration
Mission/ Core purpose of the Job :
- Manage the enterprise wide IT Architecture and Governance , analyze IT needs, oversee the development of IT capabilities, and ensure they fit the business needs
- Architecture Governance strategy and Framework.
- Maintain the Architecture repository and meta-model definition and ensure alignment of these as per Group Technology guidelines
- Create architectural plans outlining the structure of new applications
- Implement and monitor controls for system architecture and governance
- Ensure compliance with internal and external standards and regulatory obligations.
- Timely resolution of technology architecture issues
- Manage, maintain and administrate the data and related tools for all systems.
- Must guarantee that data is stored securely and optimally.
- Ensuring the security of company data.
- Manage Data Architect resources.
- Manage System & Network Architect resources.
- Support Product development team by finding the best solution of managing the data.
- Performance tuning of all IT systems.
- Protect data by developing data security, restoration policies, procedures, and controls.
- Enhances the efficiencies of database tools and services.
- Work closely with other developers to integrate database with other applications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Building and integrating information systems to meet the company’s needs.
• Assessing the systems architecture currently in place and working with technical staff to recommend solutions to improve it.
• Resolving technical problems as they arise.
• Providing supervision and guidance to development teams.
• Continually researching current and emerging technologies and proposing changes where needed.
• Informing various stakeholders about any problems with the current technical solutions being implemented.
• Assessing the business impact that certain technical choices have.
• Providing updates to stakeholders on product development processes, costs, and budgets.
Interested Afghan Nationals can send their applications and resumes (with three valid references) by January 15, 2022.
Please mention the name of the position you are applying in your email subject line.
Applications received after the deadline and those, which do not meet the requirements mentioned above, will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview (s).