General Manager: Corporate Services
- Reference number: MTNA CS 18DEC2023
- Job type: Permanent
- Organisation Name: MTN Afghanistan
- MTN Level: 2
- Posted: 19 Dec 2023
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
- Post-graduate degree, preferably MBA/LLB / Master of law (LL.M)
- 8-10 years’ work experience preferable with telecom environment with 5 or more years’ experience in a government relation and/or stakeholder engagement function/activity at management level
- Proficient in stakeholder management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Courses, Seminars, Conferences & workshops in Government Relations, Regulatory affairs, Stakeholder Engagement and Corporate Affairs.
- Management Development Program
- Effective Management and Leadership function
- Understanding of basic GSM technology
- Legal and contractual understanding
- Local government relations
- Strong understanding of policy research; design and development
Skills / physical competencies:
- Communication Skills; written, verbal, oral
- Interpersonal Skills
- Relationship management
- Information Management
- Legislation and Compliance
- Policy Design and Development
- Project Planning and Control
- Analytical skills
- Continuous improvement philosophy
- Results orientated.
- Solution providing.
- Strategic thinking
The mission is to provide advisory support and execute MTNA Corporate Services Division including Government Relations, Legal and Regulatory Strategies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop, Lead, and drive effectively MTN Afghanistan’s Government regulation strategy (specific related to ATRA, DAB and other related key Govt. entities) and ensure advisory support to the Regulatory Affairs of MTN Afghanistan
- Effectively engage with key stakeholders and decision makers in the executive and legislative bodies of government and advise / consult with the internal stakeholders on issues that relate to Government relations.
- Establish, develop, and maintain effective corporate relationships with identified internal and external stakeholders.
- Direct input into proposed government: executive/legislative policies considering internal stakeholders’ concerns.
- Build and promote MTNA’s profile amongst governmental stakeholders, profile key stakeholders for effective engagement, and ensure access to the MTNA management of such key stakeholders as required.
- Initiate and conduct regular meetings with key government entities such as ATRA, MOC, DAB etc. and provide advisory support on the same.
- Undertake research, analyze, and provide detailed input to the management for effective business management decisions.
- Ensure regular feedback to business on developments (bills, new policies within the legislative/ regulatory arena)
- Advise the company on commercial contractual and legal terms. To draft contracts / agreements for the company and act as a liaison officer between the company the company’s external legal advisors and other legal bodies
- Coordinate lobby campaigns on identified issues and the action/ response plans to pertinent issues.
- Direct and provide periodic reports and proactive feedback on emerging issues, developments, and trends.
- Develop and maintain a strong ethical relationship between MTN Afghanistan and the relevant institutions/ bodies with a view to ensuring the long-term viability of the business.
- Provide support to other functions within the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) in Afghanistan.
- Oversee the development, execution and management of external communication plans, programs, and activities towards the generation of adequate levels of public awareness about MTN in local and international market; to ensure a competitive corporate image is created and maintained.
- Identify, build, and manage relationships with key stakeholders and high-value external organizations, including the media, corporate organizations, and various communities in which the business operates.
- Oversee and manage commercial legal risk factors.
- Ensure overall compliance with MTN GSM and other related licenses.
- Provide advice to internal and external stakeholders with regards to the legal framework.
- Closing all interconnection disputes with carriers
- Accurate & timely finalizing of agreements and contracts
- Comply with ATRA Licenses (Telecom Services and ISP) requirements and company’s Article of Association. MTN Obligations as a company to be ensured; verifying all the licenses and authorizations are updated.
- Ensure documentation process, follow up legal issues before the Judiciary, and defend rights of the company before the courts of justice.
- Timely and accurate registration of all legal and company requirements / matters with ATRA, MOC, Courts or any other entity as may be required by the applicable laws and/or regulations.
- Ensure effective and efficient running of the MTN Foundation (charity work under CSR process) as per the applicable laws of MTNA.
Supervisory / Leadership / Managerial Tasks:
- Pool resources for implementation of government engagement and relationship strategies
- Maintain oversight of performance & compliance obligations of government relations staff
- Coordinate corporate response between MTNA And Govt. of Afghanistan
- Provide input into business strategy from a government relation perspective.
- Target new revenue/cost saving opportunities arising from developments in government affairs.
- Provide input on possible financial impact of legislative policies.
- Advise business on impact of proposed legislative and executive policies
- Supervision of team performance
- Support and report to CEO on coordination of government relations input to achieve common business results.
- Support MTNA in implementing a long-term strategic government relations plan focused on state and local strategies.
Interested Afghan Nationals can send their applications and resumes (with three valid references) by Dec 31, 2023.
Please mention the name of the position you are applying in your email subject line.
Applications received after the deadline and those, which do not meet the requirements mentioned above, will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview (s)