General Manager: Customer Services & Operations
- Reference number: MTNA CR 11Jan24
- Job type: Permanent
- Organisation Name: MTN Afghanistan
- MTN Level: 4
- Posted: 14 Jan 2024
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
- Bachelor’s degree – Commercial
- Professional Qualification
- Post graduate degree (MBA preferable)
- 5 – 8 years management experience within a multinational environment (Telcom experience in relevant field is preferrable); 4 years at a customer experience management level with the telecommunications environment.
The mission is to ensure that MTNA provide world class customer service to their customers which will ensure that the company image is improved resulting in the profitability to the company being enhanced.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with the development and implementation of the customer centricity strategy for the organization and clearly establish the milestones in order to achieve the strategic objectives.
- Oversee the definition of the customer experience during all moments of truth (buying; activation; utilization etc.) to define and set the customer service standards across all segments.
- Establish an implementation plan ensuring consistency of customer engagement across the various customer touch points in terms of the physical, emotional and brand experience.
- Ensure that the customer strategy is aligned to the business priorities and objectives to ensure cross functional consistency.
- Ensure the competitiveness of MTN in the marketplace through effective delivery of high-quality customer services.
- Facilitate the development of management process with an emphasis on customer services.
- Identify all priority areas delaying service excellence and ensure that solutions are effectively implemented to address these.
- Define, establish, and maintain the customer loyalty metrics for the organization.
- Oversee customer data management and customer intelligence – thereby creating a culture of customer information excellence.
- Define call center and service center operational parameters and ensure that they meet set targets and standards.
- Direct vetting; fraud management; billing; account management and collection of postpaid subscribers in order to meet revenue targets and minimize bad debt.
- Manage the synergy between the business needs and technology development.
- Ensure goals for productivity, quality; turnaround time and customer service are all met.
- Develop; review and implement policies and procedures where necessary to develop a continuous improvement philosophy.
- Establish and ensure that appropriate control systems required for the effective operations of the division are in place.
- Prepare; monitor and control the annual departmental budget to ensure expenditure is in line with the business plan
Supervisory / Leadership / Managerial Tasks:
- Direct and monitor work of subordinates.
- Ensure the team is led; motivated and rewarded to achieve key performance areas
- Manage the performance and deliverables of direct and indirect reports to ensure that the objectives of the department are achieved
- Possess the authority; presence and integrity to command respect from colleagues and from external contacts
- Provide clear direction and communicate the implication and interdependencies of each functional unit
- Provide clear direction and manage performance of the team
- Recruit staff for appointments
- Set goals for direct reports; monitor progress and maintain motivation
- Set up appropriate structure to meet departmental management objectives
- Skills transfer to ensure staff development; motivation and business continuity
Interested Afghan Nationals can send their applications and resumes (with three valid references) by Jan 20, 2024.
Please mention the name of the position you are applying in your email subject line.
Applications received after the deadline and those, which do not meet the requirements mentioned above, will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview (s).