Manager – Carrier Operations
- Reference number: N/A
- Job type: Permanent
- Organisation Name: MTN Afghanistan
- MTN Level: 3
- Posted: 13 Sep 2023
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
- Minimum of 3 years experience in relevant field.
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Department mission to monitor interconnect and roaming revenue and cost.
- Motivating subordinates and promoting company vision
- Effective planning to make sure service level agreements are met with all direct partners.
- Look for market opportunities to increase interconnect and roaming revenue and alternatives
to save cost of termination.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct feasibility survey on potential telecom carriers’ partnerships to increase revenue
- Build and maintain strong relationships with all telecom carriers.
- Contacting Operators outside of the country, to look for opportunities for increasing traffic
- Escalate connectivity issues to technical department or to relevant IR Partner for quick
- Anticipate and document possible problems from call data information and map out
strategies for mitigating related risks.
- Organizing the processes involved in the launch of voice and SMS retail services and
analyzing the cost calculations and revenue margins accordingly.
- Assist with preparation and provision of documentation and information for audit
- Prepare comprehensive traffic analysis (both voice and SMS ) for the Management.
- Report the revenue leakage identified to RA and technical teams and follow up till the
issue is fixed.
- Take decisions on voice & SMS traffic routing through carriers by analyzing different
cost proposals from telecom partners.
- Review monthly reports before submission to higher levels.
- Provide support on reconciliation and settlement of billing queries.
- Liaise with regulatory team in Legal Dep. related interconnection processes and ensure all
regulatory requirements are met.
- Prepare monthly forecast and monitor department performance regularly.
- Ensure timely generation and receipt of interconnect reports and ensure information
provided is accurate to be presented to C level management.
- Evaluate and select carrier partners and cost-effective routing methods to meet desired
- Monitoring the high-cost traffic and analyzing the tariff charges to prevent negative
margin on retail charging.
- Analyzing the daily trend of incoming and outgoing traffic and identifying risk of possible
- Analyze monthly average cost Vs revenue with partners to maximize the revenue margin.
- Analyze daily traffic stream with partners and escalating issue further in case if significant
decline is observed.
- Maintain traffic declaration with all interconnect partners for voice & SMS
outgoing/Incoming, follow up on the reconciliation and billing exchange on monthly basis.
- Ensure timely generation and receipt of interconnect invoices and ensure invoice
information is correct and payments are received on time.
- Responsible for payment netting proposal with MTNGC and follow up with internal teams to
reconcile intercompany accounts on time.
Interested & qualified internal local candidates can submit their Applications/ CVs through firstname.lastname@example.org before Sep 25 , 2023.
Please mention the name of the position you are applying in your email subject line.