Manager – Energy Control
- Reference number: MTNA-HR-17-Apr-23Fin
- Job type: Permanent
- Organisation Name: MTN Afghanistan
- MTN Level: 2
- Posted: 02 May 2023
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
- Business degree (preferably Accounting )
- Professional qualification –MBA/ACCA/Bachelor/Master Electronics
- 3- 5 year’s relevant working progressive experience.
- Good working knowledge of IAS and IFRS.
- Good working knowledge of financial, Technical and internal controls.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel.
- Business risk management.
- Fraud management.
- Internal controls.
- Mobile Money platform.
Core purpose of the Job
- Ensure fuel distribution across the sites; manage and apply financial controls around fuel inventory and energy costs to ensure they are properly accounted for and recorded in the company’s book of account.
- Apply and introduce alternative effective and efficient energy methods to ensure fuel cost reduction and environment safety.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure adequate preventive and detective controls are in place over fuel inventory that give assurance about the completeness, accuracy and validity of fuel inventory reported in the financial statements.
- Carry out inventory count at least once each quarter at all fuel storage locations – BTS, CSPs, offices and warehouses.
- Monitor and Control in conjunction with Network and Security Dept. fuel consumption/hour rate for each size of generator/sites considering their operating environment.
- Thereafter, obtain details of fuel consumption/hour for each site by observation on a case by case basis if not possible to do on Handover.
- Monitor and Control in conjunction with Network/Legal/Site Acquisition/Security to identify all sites with an illegal power connection, to quantify the impact of the illegal power connection on that site and to install a breaker to prevent illegal usage
- Monitor and report to Network Dept. PMS is carried out as per the agreed terms of the contract.
- Plan fuel supply and implement energy control strategies and objectives in line with business standards.
- Prepare monthly inventory reconciliation to determine the reasonable of inventory balance to be reported in the financial statements.
- Prepare monthly delivery reconciliation to ensure high/invalid deliveries are not paid for.
- Carry out daily tracking of consumption to identify locations requiring fuel replenishment at fair inventory levels.
- Ensure fuel inventory are valued and presented in the financial statements in line with IAS 2 and MTN Group policies as contained in Chap 20 of the Group Finance Policy Manual (GFPM).
- Provide all management reports (consumption, high usage, etc.) on fuel inventory.
- Manage all internal and external audit requirements relating to fuel inventory and energy OPEX while ensuring all audit queries are cleared within 60days of being raised.
- Energy OPEX management and control – implement financial and accounting controls over fuel, city power, hybrid and Solar consumption to completeness and accuracy of reported energy OPEX reported in the financial statements.
- Perform monthly fuel consumption calculation for BTS, BSCs, MSCs, CSPs, offices and warehouses to determine costs to be reported in the financial statements.
- · Carry out variance analysis between actual and budgeted fuel consumption to identify reasons for variances and propose remedial actions.
- Perform monthly City Power bills reconciliation to ensure payments and expenses are not overstated either by duplication of bills or simultaneous usage of CP and generator or illegal power connections.
- Carry out tests to ensure fuel savings are being realized from use of City Power, Hybrid power and Solar and highlight areas of deficiencies/duplication. Quantify the savings and make recommendations as to whether further investment should be made in these and future energy saving initiatives
- Responsible for implementing policies, processes and procedures that ensure compliance with relevant best accounting practice, MTN Group policies and all relevant IAS and IFRS as well as safeguard the company’s fuel inventory.
- Investigate fuel anomalies in coordination with relevant divisions and management, identify key areas of focus and recommend & implement appropriate actions to prevent from fraudulences.
Interested Afghan Nationals can send their applications and resumes (with three valid references) by May 15, 2023.
Please mention the name of the position you are applying in your email subject line.
Applications received after the deadline and those, which do not meet the requirements mentioned above, will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview (s).
Should you not hear from us within 14 (fourteen) days from the closing date of this advertisement, you may consider your application to be unsuccessful.