Manager: Fixed Assets
- Reference number: MTNA-HR-16-Apr-23Fin
- Job type: Permanent
- Organisation Name: MTN Afghanistan
- MTN Level: 3
- Posted: 02 May 2023
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
- Bachelors in Management Sciences/ Business Administration.
- Professional Accounting qualification (ACA, CPA, ACCA) will be preferred.
- Total 5 years and 3 years in fixed assets experience.
- Financial systems
- Hardcat and GP software training
- Intermediate level telecom equipment knowledge training
- Planning and budgeting
- Team management
- Situational Leadership – REACH program
- MS Office
- Fixed assets accounting
- Industry best practices
- MTN Group and OPCO policies and procedures
- Financial and cost accounting
- Working knowledge of IFRS and IAS
- FAM system
Manage timely and accurate accounting of fixed assets (FA) including capital work in progress (CWIP), implement controls that will safeguard assets and ensure relevant and reliable statutory and management reporting of fixed assets. This will be done through implementation of policies and procedures that are consistent with MTN Group policies and comply with relevant IAS and IFRS.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement FAM and policies and procedures in line with MTN Group guidelines. E.g. capitalization policy, asset useful life, etc.
- Ensure compliance with industry best practice and relevant IAS and IFRS. E.g. IAS 36 – Asset impairment, IAS 37 provision for dismantling costs, IAS 38 Intangible assets.
- Ensure relevant, timely and accurate reporting to all stakeholders, internal and external. E.g. Capex utilization, ATRA reports, monthly fixed assets movement for HFM reporting, etc.
- Manage fixed assets related matters with internal and external auditors.
- Ensure proper authorization and approval of all additions.
- Maintain detailed listing and age analysis of all CWIP and liaise with other departments to ensure timely capitalization.
- Liaise with internal tax department on tax compliance, pioneer status, and capital acceptance certificate.
- Implement processes for the identification and testing of impairment indicators on MTNA assets.
- Ensure FAR (Fixed Asset Register) is up to date at all times and reconciles to the GL.
- Ensure controls, policies and procedures are in place to safeguard MTNA’s fixed assets and are properly accounted for.
- Liaise with BRM to ensure fixed assets are adequately insured.
- Ensure listing and tagging of all equipment.
- Ensure asset details (listing and tagging) are uploaded on the system and manage the fixed asset solution software (Hardcat).
- Check authenticity of data with respect to different subject parameters
- Direct team to prepare FAR reconciliation against General Ledger (GL)
- Conduct bi-annual physical audits of network sites and quarterly audits (blind cycle counts and cycle counts) of warehouse conducted.
- Communicate reports to the MTN Group (Dubai) about inventory.
- Build and manage an effective data management of all the fixed assets and manage coding of new and existing fixed assets.
- Manage the depreciation and disposal of fixed assets as per accounting standards.
- Ensure proper documentation and calculations of subsidies from government for the TDF sites.
- Check and approve all CAPEX related purchase orders as per rules and policies of MTNA.
Interested Afghan Nationals can send their applications and resumes (with three valid references) by May 10, 2023.
Please mention the name of the position you are applying in your email subject line.
Applications received after the deadline and those, which do not meet the requirements mentioned above, will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview (s).
Should you not hear from us within 14 (fourteen) days from the closing date of this advertisement, you may consider your application to be unsuccessful.