Manager: Internal Audit and Forensics
- Reference number: MTN HR 30-Oct-2023
- Job type: Permanent
- Organisation Name: MTN Afghanistan
- MTN Level: 4
- Posted: 31 Oct 2023
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
- Minimum 3-year Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Accounting/Audit/Finance
- Chartered Accountant/CIA in related field (i.e. Audit) is advantageous
- Professional qualification in Information Systems Auditing is advantageous (CIA, CPA, CMA or CISA)
- Fluent in English
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an area of specialization coupled with supervising / managing others
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- Experience working in a small to medium organization
- Conceptual Thinker, Problem Solver, Improvement Driver
- Culture and Change Champion, Supportive People Manager, Relationship Manager
- Results Achiever, Operationally Astute
- Strong investigations skills – preferably in the context of Technology
- Project Management
- Customer Focused
The primary purpose of the job is to:
- Manage or conduct Financial, Operational & Technology Audit projects and consulting services relating to governance and risk identification for both MTN management and staff in order to review the goals, objectives and impact of a variety of economic, financial, operational and managerial programs in conformance with company policy and procedures and IIA standards of professional practice.
- Priorities and manage fraud investigations within policies, procedures and standards set for Fraud Risk Management.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Manager Internal Audit and Forensics role will be accountable to achieve the following objectives:
- Create a holistic picture of each project to provide context for the findings, and implement procedures as required to perform Financial and Operational audits
- Manage and/or carry out Financial, Operational and Technology audits, special requests, consulting engagements and management requests and review the work performed to ensure the adequacy of audit scope, testing performed, and the accuracy of conclusions reached
- Manage expertise and resource planning and requirements for Financial, Operational and Technology Audit assignments, special assignments and management requests
- Manage the audit assignments’ progress and escalate any roadblocks to completion to the Executive for intervention and resolution
- Ensure that IA methodology as prescribed by Group Internal Audit is strictly adhered to, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting financial and operational processes and procedures
- Oversee and manage the work of the audit staff in conducting interviews, reviewing documents, developing and administering audit surveys, composing summary memos, and preparing working papers or audit operations
- Implement the audit program, recognize control weaknesses, assess the materiality of these weaknesses, and relate them back to the scope and objectives of the audit
- Review the audit programs to ensure the appropriate testing mechanisms
- Review and manage the work of the audit staff in identification, development, and documentation of audit issues and recommendations for improvement
- Develop recommendations for bringing programs and operations into compliance with goals and objectives and write up reports to document findings
- Communicate the results, findings and recommendations of audit projects through written reports and face-to-face presentations on a timely basis to the Senior Manager: Financial and Operational Audit
- Ensure that audits are carried out on the eGRC system in line with process and methodology as mandated by the Group Internal Audit and Forensics function
- Follow up on the implementation of audit recommendations in a timely manner
- Perform control adequacy and effectiveness reviews of business processes
- Interact with staff, Audit Managers, General Managers, BRM consultants, and when necessary, with Executive Management to obtain and/or communicate relevant information to achieve the objective/s of the Financial and Operational Audit function
- Maintain all MTN and professional ethical standards and ensure internal audit activities are carried out in compliance with The International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) and IIA Code of Ethics
- Report on an ad-hoc basis on specific projects as and when necessary
- Provide a consulting service to business on governance and business risk issues
- Consult with business clients to improve/re-engineer business processes
- Identify opportunities for increasing operational efficiencies and strengthening management controls on management requests, strategic projects, high value tenders and ad hoc assignments
- Maintain relationships with senior management of assigned functional/business units to provide a value-added service
- Perform risk identification of business operations to assess potential problems or control weaknesses and provide guidance on how to address identified shortcomings on an ad-hoc basis
Fraud Risk Management
- Priorities high fraud risk assessments and investigations, to ensure correct process is followed in order to establish a good understanding of fraud incidents and root causes.
- – Conduct investigations and forensics procedures, in collaboration with third parties where applicable.
- – Conduct fraud awareness sessions in coordination with other functions (E.g. Human Resource and Information Technology).
- – Monitor the status of findings from Fraud Investigations and provide timely feedback to management.
- – Monitor and drive compliance with Fraud Risk Management framework and make appropriate escalations where necessary.
- – Provide improvements to existing business policies, procedures and standards to mitigate fraud risks.
- Execution of Annual Combined Assurance Plan (Internal Audit and FRM).
- Follow-up and closure of open audit findings.
- Quarterly Reports to the Audit and Risk Committee
- Reporting on Audit Outcomes
- Quantification of Values at Risk
- Coverage footprint across Departments/Functions/Locations
- Oversight and management of medium to high level audits
- Annual Audit & FRM planning
- Active support from the Audit and Risk Committee.
- Understanding of the respective MTN technology and business contexts and the risks associated with these
- Intra-functional collaborations with Risk and Compliance
- MTN policies and procedures
- Alignment of OpCo with OpCo risk management initiatives
- Skilled and experienced Suppliers/Specialists to support and safeguard functions
Interested Afghan Nationals can send their applications and resumes (with three valid references) by Nov 15, 2023.
Please mention the name of the position you are applying in your email subject line.
Applications received after the deadline and those, which do not meet the requirements mentioned above, will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview (s).