Manager – IT Core Operation
- Reference number: MTNA-HR-09-May-23IS
- Job type: Permanent
- Organisation Name: MTN Afghanistan
- MTN Level: 2
- Posted: 09 May 2023
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from a reputable university of Afghanistan or abroad
- Master’s degree in Business Administration will be preferred
- Over 10 years of relevant experiences & over 8 years experiences in Telecom Industry
- Billing systems
- Reporting systems
- Project Management & Service delivery
- Providing supervision, proposing and developing targets in the operation and support area. Ensuring the business meets any internal requirements and benefits appropriately from developments in the field.
- Role holders will typically be graduates with a professional qualification and additional work experience in development and support.
- Role holders will keep abreast of Managed services best practices in the field.
- Manages the dimensioning and reporting activities related to the department, providing cost optimized, reliable and high-performance systems, according to the MTN overall strategic targets and the guidelines given by the Senior Manager.
- Responsible for ensuring that the team meets its objectives in settled timeframe despite the effort needed and for
- Motivating subordinates and promoting company vision. He/she Identifies special skills in team members and tries to develop them.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Execute weekly review meetings with Managed Service team covering (Problem, Tickets, Changes) while monitoring SLA and system KPIs
- Identify/request for RCA and setup/propose changes to existing processes to avoid previous cases.
- Daily operation and maintenance supervision to identify and troubleshoot problems and realizes important problems/issues, the severity of their consequences.
- Documents system/processes configurations and solutions, maintaining an updated library with the configurations.
- Responsible for the generation of regular and outstanding reports about all ongoing and planned activities by the team.
- Provide 24/7 on call support towards all networks that involves IT core systems.
- Provide second level technical support towards subordinates and develops or initiates actions that ensure the realization of company goals.
- Responsible to supervise that the team generates the necessary regular and outstanding reports about all ongoing and planned activities.
- Committed to team goals and contributed to team spirit building.
- Helps colleagues to overcome problems and facilitates the cooperation between team members.
- Requests, authorizes and validates the configuration and implementation of changes concerning the IT core systems.
- Manages the order of departmental hardware, features, functionalities and software updates, working together with procurement and prepares the technical specifications for new tenders.
- Studies new technologies and proposes improvements to the systems.
- Ensure compliance to internal and external IT audit and risk requirements.
- Establish and implement goals, objectives, policies and procedures related to the department.
- Building an efficient department, with fully documented policies, and procedures.
- Prepare the Business and budget Planning for Department.
- Liaise with suppliers for support and consulting.
- Operation, Monitoring and Maintenance of Service Platforms
- Assure the Excellent execution of Managed Service contracts.
- Second line support for Customer complaints, RA issues, BRM Findings.
Interested Afghan Nationals can send their applications and resumes (with three valid references) by May 19, 2023.
Please mention the name of the position you are applying in your email subject line.
Applications received after the deadline and those, which do not meet the requirements mentioned above, will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview (s).
Should you not hear from us within 14 (fourteen) days from the closing date of this advertisement, you may consider your application to be unsuccessful.