Manager: Legal Affairs
- Reference number: MTNA HR 11APRcs
- Job type: Permanent
- Organisation Name: MTN Afghanistan
- MTN Level: 3
- Posted: 02 May 2023
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
- Bachelor’s degree in law from a reputable university or Equivalent
- 4-5 years of relevant experience. Telecom sector is preferable.
- Legal and Regulatory trainings
- Afghanistan law
- Sharia law
- To draft, review, and check all legal, commercial, lease, and other contracts and note them for the record (authorization letter) of the company, making sure that the legal rights of the company are safe and secure.
- Defending the lawful rights of MTNA in all courts of law and any other judicial entities of the country
Duties & Responsibilities
- Providing legal feedback regarding all contracts of the company and any other ad-hoc matters considering applicable laws, rules and regulations of the Country and policy of MTNA.
- Providing legal feedback on telecom regulatory matters (TSF, TDF, spectrum, network radio, tax, licenses etc.) considering international regional, ITU procedures and standards in accordance with the local applicable laws.
- Defending from the lawful rights of MTNA in all courts of law and any other judicial entities of the Country.
- Drafting, reviewing, checking all legal, commercial, lease and other contracts and note for the record (Authorization letter) of the company and making sure that the legal rights of the company are safe and secure.
- Reviewing and checking all legal Deeds (legal document of the lands) required for MTNA sites and premises for lease contract signed from time to time and providing feedback accordingly considering applicable laws of the Country.
- Participating and actively representing MTNA in all FDRC meetings pertaining legal, and regulatory matters of MTNA and defending from MTNA rights in professional manners.
- Drafting, checking, and reviewing all lawsuits, defense sheets and any other legal document required for any claim, sue and defense pertaining to MTNA.
- Drafting, arranging, and finalizing all legal and commercial outgoing letter of the Company in Local and English language issued to any either to government, private entity, or individuals.
- In coordination with the legal team, File legal case in all relevant Court of laws against all stakeholders such as suppliers, vendors, contractors, corporate customers and any other individuals and organizations breaching the contracts.
- Follow up the legal cases in Court of Laws, FDRC, attorney General offices, legal Departments and police and any other relevant government Departments.
- Providing written response to all legal and commercial incoming letters of the company issued by governments, private companies, or individuals.
- Assisting Translating local written letter into English for Management understanding and vice versa for Government entities, private organization, and individuals.
- Actively participating and representing MTNA in internal and external meetings to be held in government entity MNOs regarding any.
- Representing and actively participating in CFT (cross functional team) meeting to evaluate and monitor potential suppliers,
- Supporting legal, Government relation and government support and regulatory team members by providing legal feedback in light laws and other legal materials.
- Managing, developing, handing, supervising filing and achieving of all contracts and any other legal and corporate documents of the company both in hard copy and electronic form in order to ensure safety of the documents and contracts.
- Providing and arranging the required trainings for team members
- Providing daily, weekly, and monthly reports in designated format regarding its activities and ad-hoc task on urgent base to his/her line manager.
- Any other relevant task assigned by his/her line manager to be done in very accurate and titmouse manner
Interested Afghan Nationals can send their applications and resumes (with three valid references) by April 30, 2023.
Please mention the name of the position you are applying in your email subject line.
Applications received after the deadline and those, which do not meet the requirements mentioned above, will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview (s).
Should you not hear from us within 14 (fourteen) days from the closing date of this advertisement, you may consider your application to be unsuccessful.