Risk Specialist – MoMo
- Reference number: MTNA-MFS-28-3-23
- Job type: Permanent
- Organisation Name: MTN Afghanistan
- MTN Level: 2
- Posted: 02 May 2023
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
- Minimum 3-year Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Risk Management/Operational Management/Business/Finance
- Professional qualification in Risk Management is advantageous (CRMA, PRM, CRISC)
- English (as Mandatory)
- Experience in working within financial service industry
- Experience in supervising others is advantageous
- Experience in working across diverse cultures and geographies is advantageous
- Understanding of emerging markets is advantageous
- The position will report to MTNA Mobile Money LTD CEO and MTNA Mobile Money LTD Board of Directors. Risk Specialist to implement and monitor the established Enterprise Risk Management programme and methodology for MTNA Mobile Money LTD within established Enterprise Risk Management standards, frameworks, and solutions, in accordance with both internal and industry benchmarks.
- The primary purpose of the job is to conduct detailed risk assessments and/or risk deep dives, analyses, and monitoring of remediation across all possible internal and external risks.
- The role will also be accountable for reporting to the MTNA Mobile Money LTD business on risk management processes, in line with Enterprise Risk strategy and best practices, offering specialized advice and recommendations, where necessary.
- Ultimately, the role is responsible end-to-end to assist in identifying risks faced by MTNA Mobile Money LTD (current and anticipated), prioritizing risks depending on its material impact and working with Senior Management and other leaders within the business to mitigate these as effectively as possible.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Risk Specialist role will be accountable to achieve the following objectives:
- Work, in conjunction with internal business stakeholders and the broader Risk & Compliance team in the execution of Enterprise Risk assessment and reporting plans, in alignment with the overarching Enterprise Risk roadmap
- Assist various areas (i.e. Financial, Operational, Strategic and Compliance, Technology, Products and Projects) to identify internal and external risks, develop possible mitigations and coordinate and monitor the implementation thereof.
- Approach risk assessments for identified risks in a methodical way to ensure that all value-adding activities within the organisation are evaluated effectively and effectively define all the risks following from these activities.
- Assess risks, following structured standard procedures, but drawing upon practical models and techniques.
- Analyse risks from a Financial, Operational, Strategic and Compliance, Technological and external perspective to support strategic decision making, as it relates to risk prevention and mitigation
- Implement and monitor the respective Risk Management programme for MTNA Mobile Money LTD within the second line of defence model, to align with the Group’s overarching Risk Management Framework
- Implement and monitor the Risk Management programme methodology and principles and make recommendations for improvement, where necessary.
- Assist in formulating internal policies and procedures for the identification, collection and analysis of risk related information.
- Facilitate the ongoing review of internal controls and assist in administering processes that track, evaluate, recommend and report on risk mitigation activities
- Provide input on risk standards and practices derived from analytics on internal data and make recommendations, as appropriate.
- Assist on testing Risk Programmes and related systems, processes and procedures to ensure their ongoing effectiveness and provide recommendations, where necessary
- Provide Risk Management analytics data across all possible internal and external risks
- Perform Business Impact Trend Analyses on both internal and external risks that need to be addressed to sustain business operations stability
- Identify possible implications arising out of the Trend Analyses and propose recommendations on corrective actions to be pursued
- Make any updates and/or changes to area-specific Enterprise Risk documentation, as and when required
- Monitor implementation of action plans to ensure risk mitigation efforts are proceeding, as required
- Provide inputs, as required, relating to progress made within risk assessment and reporting, in accordance with the measurement metrics set by MTNA Mobile Money LTD.
- Utilize insights gathered in the reports to make suggestion for continuous improvement to the Risk Management Framework and seek guidance from both Risk Managers and broader Management on more complex issues
Interested Afghan Nationals can send their applications and resumes (with three valid references) by April 28, 2023.
Please mention the name of the position you are applying in your email subject line.
Applications received after the deadline and those, which do not meet the requirements mentioned above, will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview (s).
Should you not hear from us within 14 (fourteen) days from the closing date of this advertisement, you may consider your application to be unsuccessful.