Senior Internal Auditor
- Reference number: MTNA BRM 19NOV23
- Job type: Permanent
- Organisation Name: MTN Afghanistan
- MTN Level: 2
- Posted: 19 Nov 2023
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
- Minimum 3-year Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Accounting/Audit/Finance
- Professional qualification in Information Systems Auditing (CIA, CPA, CMA or CISA) is advantageous
- Fluent in English
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation
- Experience working in a small to medium organization
- Experience working with senior management
- Experience using CAATs and data analytics tools
- Conceptual Thinker, Problem Solver, Improvement Driver
- Culture and Change Champion, Supportive People Manager, Relationship Manager
- Results Achiever, Operationally Astute
- Strong analytical skills
- Project Management
- Customer Focused
- Stable work history
- Attention to detail
- Report writing skills
- Project management skills
- Analytical and statistical skills
- Presentation skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels
Mission/Core purpose of the Job
- The Senior Internal Auditor carries out medium-, high-priority, and high-risk financial and operational internal audit work as assigned, in line with the audit plan and the standards and methodologies set by Internal Audit.
- This role also performs analysis on internal controls, risk management, and the effectiveness of the internal audit, providing recommendations on improvements in order to ensure increasingly robust internal audit processes.
- This role focuses on finance, SCM, contract management, HR, new product development, commercial processes and controls, and capital projects and investment processes.
- This role is also required to ensure compliance to internal policies and external regulations, which entails keeping up to date with changes in legislation
Duties & Responsibilities
Key Performance Areas
- Assist the Audit Manager in the execution of process and programme audit plans, in order to ensure that processes and systems comply with company policies and procedures as well as statutory and regulatory policies covering processes and controls for Finance, Supply Chain, Contract Management, New Product Development and Commercial;
- Plan and execute critical audit engagements as per the combined assurance plan and in accordance with MTN Internal Audit Methodology.
- Serve as an active member of the process and programme audit team directly executing medium/high priority/risk internal audits: through conducting interviews, data and system analysis and testing, preparing database updates, providing status reports and preparing final audit reports on assignments carried out, in line with internal audit standards and methodologies;
- Provide analysis on process and programme internal audit data, identifying weaknesses in internal controls, risks areas and trends, and reporting these to management, with recommendations on possible mitigations and enhancements;
- Assist in compiling final process and programme internal audit reports for management review;
- Measure/evaluate compliance to statutory and regulatory requirements and the company’s policies and procedures;
- Ensure capital projects or investments comply with internal control processes and report on any identified non-compliant processes
- Report on a regular basis to the supervisor on progress with regards to o n-going audit engagements.
- Schedule and facilitate exit meetings with auditees to communicate audit results and agree management actions.
- Facilitate the business in follow-up and resolution of outstanding audit findings through continuously engaging management on audit findings.
- Carry out Continuous Controls Monitoring activities as scheduled on the Annual Combined Assurance Plan.
- Carry out any other assurance related work as assigned by audit management.
Interested Afghan Nationals can send their applications and resumes (with three valid references) by Dec 20, 2023.
Please mention the name of the position you are applying in your email subject line.
Applications received after the deadline and those, which do not meet the requirements mentioned above, will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview (s)