Specialist – CVM and Business Intelligence
- Reference number: Feb2023
- Job type: Permanent
- Organisation Name: MTN Afghanistan
- MTN Level: 2
- Posted: 02 May 2023
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
- Minimum of 3 year tertiary degree (Bachelor’s Degree in a Statistical, Mathematics, Big data, data scientist or related field)
- Postgraduate qualification/ Certification or training in Customer Value Management, Customer segmentation, Big data being an added advantage
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a mid-senior capacity in defining, developing and deploying CVM campaigns.
- At least 3 years’ experience within a non-traditional FinTech or Consumer Marketing environment
- Prior experience Financial Services preferred, with experience within the telecom industry and with Mobile Money being an added advantage
- Understanding emerging markets
- English speaker
- Digital Money.
- Proficiency in data science: statistics, data mining, modelling and advanced analytics
- Ability to design, define/specify and deploy marketing campaigns, including monitoring, managing and reporting on the portfolio performance thereof – in conjunction with other key functional areas of the business, namely: Decision Science, Product Management, Finance, Marketing, Portfolio Management.
Skills / Behavioral qualities:
- Analytics and Interpretation
- Strategic Thinking
- Problem solving
- Conflict Management
- Project Management
- Complete candor
- Culturally aware
- Emotional Maturity
- Team Player
The CVM specialist will drive the development & execution of Fintech Advanced products & services Customer Value Management strategy: customer acquisition, development and retention by understanding the customer base, including defining the requirements, setting goals and monitoring the metrics.
Fintech Advanced Products & Services include:
• International remittances : inbound.
• BankTech: bank to wallet, wallet to bank.
• Bill payments: utilities (water, electricity,…), school fees, transport payment, products…
• MoMo Business partners: cash collection, corporate bill payments, bulk payments…
• Open API products
The CVM specialist will also manage all Customer Value Management internal and externals stakeholders and projects. He will perform and defend all required business cases to support the initiatives.
The CVM specialist reports to the MoMo Commercial Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The CVM Analyst will be accountable to achieve the following objectives:
- Develop and implement acquisition plans
- Develop and implement usage & revenue development plans
- Develop and implement retention and loyalty
- Track campaigns performance against agreed KPIs
- Manage internal and external stakeholders and CVM related projects
- Improve Time to market and Go To market processes
Strategy Development and Implementation
- Enhancing client experience (internal and external) in the area of Customer Value Management
- Ensure effective implementation of the CVM strategy by means of providing direction, structure, frameworks, models, plans and roadmaps
- Conduct regular review of the functional strategy and roadmap to ensure its alignment with the changing dynamics of the internal and external ecosystem
- Set up / participate in adhoc operational meetings
- Participate and provide input in strategic meetings
- Perform evaluation baseline of key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Request for relevant budget for internal projects and new initiatives
- Facilitate preparation of proposals on change initiatives, policies and procedures Escalations
- Manage and resolve escalations that have impact on critical path of service delivery
- Escalate issues that will result in severe time, scope, productivity, and cost or resource or reputational impact
- Manage and provide solutions to escalations that have multiple processes / functions impact on critical path of service delivery
- Manage and provide solutions through stakeholder consultation where relevant
- Review all projects initiated (internal or global)
- Prepare objectives, targets and budgets for Advertisements as applicable
- Review key risks, issues and dependencies and set mitigation actions
- Facilitate in sign-off / making decisions regarding tactical changes
- Monitor performance and alignment with MTN global strategy
- Ensure alignment between across other functions within the Group Mobile Financial Services teams
- Report on a periodic basis to the General Manager: Fintech & Digital Consumer relating to progress made within the function and in accordance with the measurement metrics set by the organization
- Report on an ad hoc basis on specific projects, as required Budgets
- Manage functional budgets in line with overall business objectives
- Manage project initiative budgets in line with business objectives
- Ensure that the costs of operations are reduced, in line with a least cost operating strategy stemming from the business drivers
- Develop and implement the medium to long-term strategy for Customer Value Management proposals and ensure alignment of the initiatives undertaken in the unit to the Group Fintech strategy
- Review CVM initiatives and support the corrective actions
- Analyse customer base trends and highlight areas of the business that needs to be developed further to increase customer usage, revenue and retention
- Analyse GSM customer base revenue and usage to determine upsell and cross sell value propositions
- Owns the development and implementation of the CVM programs and projects
- Construct, implement / fine-tune methods, processes / systems to enhance effectiveness / meet organisational goals
- Provide monthly reporting on impact both financially and operationally CVM Management programs
- Finding innovative way of doing direct marketing Go to Market to customers aside from SMS blasts/broadcasts
- Building up a best practices library using advanced analytics, smart consulting and technology
- Collaborate with the overall CVM internal and external partners, and cross-functional internal teams to define and deliver program.
Interested Afghan Nationals can send their applications and resumes (with three valid references) by March 5, 2023.
Please mention the name of the position you are applying in your email subject line.
Applications received after the deadline and those, which do not meet the requirements mentioned above, will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview (s).
Should you not hear from us within 14 (fourteen) days from the closing date of this advertisement, you may consider your application to be unsuccessful.