Specialist – Risk and Insurance
- Reference number: MTNA BRM 27-Nov-2023
- Job type: Permanent
- Organisation Name: MTN Afghanistan
- MTN Level: 2
- Posted: 28 Nov 2023
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
- Minimum 3-year Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Risk Management/Operational Management/Business/Finance
- Professional qualification in Risk Management is advantageous (CRMA, PRM, CRISC)
- English (as Mandatory)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Enterprise Risk Management, preferably in the Telecommunications industry
- Experience in working within a medium organization
- Experience in supervising others is advantageous
- Experience in working across diverse cultures and geographies is advantageous
- Understanding of emerging markets is advantageous
- Analytical Thinker, Problem Solver, Operational Value Creator
- Culture and Change Champion, Supportive People Manager, Relationship Manager
- Results Achiever, Operationally Astute
- Strong Risk Assessment and Analysis skills – preferably in the context of Technology
- Quality Focus
- Performance Improvement
- Project Management
- Customer Focused
Mission/ Core purpose of the Job
- Accountable for working under the guidance of the Manager: Risk Management and Ethics to implement and monitor the established Enterprise Risk Management programme and methodology for MTN Afghanistan within established Enterprise Risk Management standards, frameworks and solutions, in accordance with both internal and industry benchmarks.
- The primary purpose of the job is to conduct detailed risk assessments and/or risk deep dives, analyses, and monitoring of remediation across all possible internal and external risks.
- The role will also be accountable for reporting to the business on risk management processes, in line with Enterprise Risk strategy and best practices, offering specialised advice and recommendations, where necessary.
- Ultimately, the role is responsible end-to-end to assist in identifying risks faced by MTN Afghanistan (current and anticipated), prioritising risks depending on its material impact and working with Senior Management and other leaders within the business to mitigate these as effectively as possible.
- This role will also encompass insurance activities to ensure critical assets in the operation have adequate insurance coverage and is backed by effective insurance claim processes to support the MTN strategy and ultimately MTN’s overall strategic vision in the business.
- The role will be responsible for administering, controlling and monitoring the MTN insurance requirements and transactions to prevent losses and/or minimise risks on physical properties and human resources from any unforeseen events, such as natural disasters, thefts, third party damage, negligence and wrongful acts that delivers increased assurance, effectiveness and efficiency.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Risk and Insurance Specialist role will be accountable to achieve the following objectives:
- Work, in conjunction with internal business stakeholders and the broader Risk & Compliance team in the execution of Enterprise Risk assessment and reporting plans, in alignment with the overarching Enterprise Risk roadmap
- Assist various areas (i.e. Financial, Operational, Strategic and Compliance, Technology, Products and Projects) to identify internal and external risks, develop possible mitigations and coordinate and monitor the implementation thereof.
- Approach risk assessments for identified risks in a methodical way to ensure that all value-adding activities within the organization are evaluated effectively and effectively define all the risks following from these activities.
- Assess risks, following structured standard procedures, but drawing upon practical models and techniques.
- Analyze risks from a Financial, Operational, Strategic and Compliance, Technological and external perspective to support strategic decision making, as it relates to risk prevention and mitigation
- Implement and monitor the respective Risk Management programmed for MTN Afghanistan within the second line of defense model, to align with the Group’s overarching Risk Management Framework
- Implement and monitor the Risk Management programmed methodology and principles
- Assist in formulating internal policies and procedures for the identification, collection and analysis of risk related information.
- Facilitate the ongoing review of internal controls and assist in administering processes that track, evaluate, recommend and report on risk mitigation activities
- Provide input on risk standards and practices derived from analytics on internal data and make recommendations, as appropriate.
- Assist on testing Risk Programmed and related systems, processes and procedures to ensure their ongoing effectiveness and provide recommendations, where necessary
- Provide Risk Management analytics data across all possible internal and external risks
- Perform Business Impact Trend Analyses on both internal and external risks that need to be addressed to sustain business operations stability
- Identify possible implications arising out of the Trend Analyses and propose recommendations on corrective actions to be pursued
- Make any updates and/or changes to area-specific Enterprise Risk documentation, on instruction from the Risk and Ethics Manager, as and when required
- Monitor implementation of action plans to ensure risk mitigation efforts are proceeding, as required
- Provide inputs to the Risk and Ethics Manager, as required, relating to progress made within risk assessment and reporting, in accordance with the measurement metrics set by MTN Afghanistan.
- Utilize insights gathered in the reports to make suggestion for continuous improvement to the Risk Management Framework and seek guidance from both Risk Managers and broader Management on more complex issues
- Ensure that appropriate insurance coverage is line with business requirements of MTN Afghanistan; it is properly maintained and timely renewed
- Responsible to ensure that the MTN Insurance systems, processes and procedures are tested and validated on an ongoing basis and identify weaknesses and potential risks
- Assist in the annual insurance renewal process driven by Group by compiling timely and accurate reports
Interested Afghan Nationals can send their applications and resumes (with three valid references) by Nov 16, 2023.
Please mention the name of the position you are applying in your email subject line.
Applications received after the deadline and those, which do not meet the requirements mentioned above, will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview (s).