Supervisor: General Ledger
- Reference number: MTNA-HR-13-Apr-23Fin4
- Job type: Permanent
- Organisation Name: MTN Afghanistan
- MTN Level: 3
- Posted: 02 May 2023
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
- ACCA (Professional level) is preferrable or equivalent Degree
- 3 years of work experience in an audit firm
- Supervisory experience an advantage
- Accounts payable
- Data management
- Internal systems and processes
- Team management
- Time management
Keeping control, the general ledger system; preparing and reviewing the entries posted to general ledger and the reconciliations with sub-ledgers.
Preparing monthly and annual financial statements and maintain financial record keeping and reporting systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure and verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures.
- Ensure that data pertaining to payments is accurately and completely processed and allocated to the appropriate accounts by managing internal processes.
- Recommend modifications to standard procedures.
- Participate in determining the proper accounting treatment of complex or unusual transactions.
- Maintaining all leases record in MRI software according to IFRS16 leases including addition, modification, and deletion/disposal of leases.
- Maintain financial record keeping and reporting systems.
- Assisting general ledger Manager in preparing monthly and annual financial statements.
- Ensure the computing, withholding, and calculating of deductions associated with net pay is done properly.
- To ensure that all transactions are posted according to IFRS/IAS.
- Reconciliation General Ledger with Sub ledgers
- Perform account analysis to make sure that entries and balances are correct.
- Ensure that information complies with professional and regulatory standards.
- Recording, Posting, and reviewing of accruals, prepayments, and deferral transactions.
- Prepare tax related reports for onward submission to ATRA & Ministry of Finance.
- Ensure monthly and quarterly reconciliations are performed.
- Ensure payments and reporting of all intercompany invoices received.
- Issuing Debit Notes, Credit Notes and confirming intercompany balances for Audit purpose
- Prepare and present different reports.
- Prepare reports from financial data to ensure management receives appropriate information in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain an effective physical filing process and system.
- Facilitate and provide data to internal and external auditors.
Interested Afghan Nationals can send their applications and resumes (with three valid references) by April 30, 2023.
Please mention the name of the position you are applying in your email subject line.
Applications received after the deadline and those, which do not meet the requirements mentioned above, will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview (s).
Should you not hear from us within 14 (fourteen) days from the closing date of this advertisement, you may consider your application to be unsuccessful